You are here
Consumer educational materials
Whether you are a patient with a chronic condition or a healthy adult regularly taking a multivitamin, you are a consumer of therapeutic goods that are regulated by us. We have developed these educational materials about us to help you understand who we are and what we do.
For information on our 2018-19 education priorities, please see: Education priorities 2018-19.
Who we are and what we do
How we weigh up the benefits of therapeutic goods against their risks
Find out what the AUST R and AUST L numbers on your medicine packages mean
Check what rules and requirements apply when you're travelling with medicines or medical devices
GP waiting room videos
- Snapshot - Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Planning on buying medicines or medical devices over the internet?
- Find out what the labels on your medicines mean
- Read the Consumer Medicines Information leaflet
Travelling with medicines and medical devices
- Quick tips for travelling with medicines and medical devices - English
- السفر إلى خارج استراليا مصطحبا معك الأدوية أو الأجهزة الطبية؟ - Arabic
- विदेशी यात्रा दवाइयां या चिकित्सा उपकरणों सहित ? - Hindi
- 你是要出国旅行并携带药品或者医疗器械吗? - Mandarin
- İlaç ya da tıbbi cihazlarla yurtdışına seyahat ediyor musunuz? - Turkish
- Mang thuốc hay thiết bị y khoa khi đi du lịch ở nước ngoài? - Vietnamese
* These educational materials are provided by the TGA (a part of the Department of Health) solely for the purpose of providing general education on the TGA regulatory scheme. The materials should not be taken to be a detailed description of the scheme, or advice on the application of the therapeutic goods legislation in particular cases. Nor should they be taken to be statements of policy.
People requiring information or advice on the application of the therapeutic goods legislation in particular cases should make their own enquiries.
Whilst due care has been taken in their preparation, the Department of Health cannot guarantee, and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained in these materials.
These materials are based on the scheme as it is in December 2013.